The themes of CITI Lima 2020 are broadly based on the academic and professional arena. We expect contributions to current aspects of translation and interpreting, including: specialized translation; technologies applied to translation and interpreting; translation and interpreting of indigenous and sign languages; management and quality in translation and interpreting; training of translators and interpreters; automatic translation and post-editing; and deontology of translation and interpreting.
Theme 1: Translation, interpreting, and quality
- Translation management in the self-employed and business sectors.
- Quality assurance in translation.
- Translation revision and proofreading.
Theme 2: Translation, interpreting, and socio-professional reality
- Translation and interpreting market trends.
- Opportunities and challenges for translation and interpreting.
- Entrepreneurship and personal brand of the freelance translator.
Theme 3: Translation, interpreting, interculturality and accesibility
- Translation and interpreting into indigenous languages.
- Sign language interpreting.
- Subtitling for the deaf and hard-of-hearing and audio-description.
Theme 4: Specialized translation, and interpreting
- Specialized textual genres and their translation.
- Terminology applied to specialized translation.
- Specialized translation practices: certified translation and official translation.
- Specialized fields of translation (mining, medicine, law, technologies, audiovisual translation).
Theme 5: Translation, interpreting, and technologies
- Automatic translation, pre-editing and post-editing.
- Applications and experiences from the use of specialized software to translation.
- The use of technology in simultaneous and consecutive interpreting.
- Remote telephone and video interpreting.
Theme 6: Translators and interpreters in training
- Initiatives, expectations, and interests of university students of translation and interpreting.
Theme 7: Training of translators and interpreters
- New trends and best practices in training translators and interpreters.
- Relationship between market demands and training.
- Challenges and opportunities for translator and interpreter training.